I Spent $19 to Visit 29Rooms: Was It Worth It?
After running in New York for the past two years, Refinery29’s Instagrammable 29Rooms finally made its way to L.A. at the end of 2017. I spent $19 on tickets and here is my 29Rooms review!
So What Is 29Rooms?
The “rooms” consist of the following:
1. Installations created by artists like Janelle Monae, Demi Lovato, etc.
2. Partnerships between companies like Google, Dyson, Netflix’s The Crown, SheaMoisture, Marc Jacobs, and Victoria’s Secret, among others.
3. Art by nonprofits like Planned Parenthood and the Women’s March.
29Rooms Review: Was It Worth It?
For $19 (around $21-$22 with tax and processing fees) it was cheaper than The Museum of Ice Cream, Happy Place, and Candytopia. I haven’t been to the last two exhibits, but I can tell you that for sure they won’t be shut down due to a permit problem.
– Had a blast with my friends
– Got some cool pics for IG
– Some installations had professional photographers who would help you pose and take nice shots of you
– Got some freebies!!!
– You only get three hours, which sounds like a lot of time but we didn’t get to see all 29 installations because the lines were long
– No restroom inside
– Some people took too long taking pictures. Employees should’ve been monitoring time
– Not every “room” had an employee who would help you take pictures
But only if you don’t mind crowds, long lines, and the subtle and sometimes not so subtle form of advertising that you’ve paid for.
If you’re really into immersive experiences or just want some neat pictures for social media, then it’s something I would recommend. Come with your friends, your significant other, your family, etc.
Oh! And it’s a super cute place to take pictures of your kids!